Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Past Two Weeks

Lucas worked a 4 week hitch and his plane got delayed one day due to the volcano in Alaska so we've only had him home for a week and a half. As you can imagine, we have spent all our time with him and I haven't had a chance to blog, but I'm taking a minute now. A few days before he got home we had a bit of a heat wave... it hit the high 60's one afternoon so we took advantage of the nice weather and played outside washing the car and running through the sprinklers.


The other big thing that happened is that Kennedy started soccer. She has had two practices so far (in the freezing cold weather I might meantion) and she is doing great for not having much experience at all... except for the lessons that Jewls and Josie gave her. I'm a bit worried because they say that the kids are expected to play rain or shine... or even snow. I plan on going to support her but after the freezing cold practices I don't know if I can handle a freezing cold game with Rowan. Her first game was last night and she did great. She caught three goals when she was the goalie and has a pretty good kick. Here she is all dressed up for the game.



One other thing that I think is so cute... Kennedy got some IKEA childrens dishes and pots and pans from my Mom for Christmas last year. We keep them in one of the bottom drawers in the kitchen so Rowan can play with them which he loves to do. His new thing is to eat out of them. He will go to the drawer and pick out a plate or bowl and eat his meal out of it. This night he picked a tart pan to eat his pizza out of. He was just so cute doing it.


3 comments:

bcwaldmann said...

Kennedy and RoRo you are so cute!! Madden can't wait to play with you!!

Unknown said...

Hey! Sounds like Spring should be around the corner so warm soccer games. Kennedy is getting so big! And Rowan..I don't think we've had the chance to meet. Sad :( Thanks for the cookies! I still have some in the freezer, saving them for my weakest moments.

Lil Gma said...

She will be a great soccer player. You can sit in the car with the heater going like I do. You just have to remember to get to the good parking spaces first. Next thing you know Rowen will be doing the dishes. HEEHEE