Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kennedy turns 8!

Well, another year has come and gone and my little girl turned 8 on Halloween! How time flies... it seems like yesterday that she was just a baby. Now she's all grown up with earings and everything.

Here is a picture from her party. We made masks out of feathers and jewels. That was about as creative as I got for this party.



Kennedy blowing out her candles. Rowan got a few of them before she did so we had to re-light some for her.


As you can see... I went all out on the decorations... HaHa! It was a pirate themed party and we actually had a bunch of really cute pirate things.


Yes, this is her cake and yes, I made it all on my own. Let me tell you... fondant isn't as easy to put on as they make it look in the pictures. As I was trying to smooth it down over the sides it kept ripping so I made a thin layer to go around the sides again. That's why there is black icing around it... to cover up the seams. To top it all off, none of the girls liked the fondant and ripped it all off of their pieces. Oh well... she loved her cake anyways.


Happy Birthday my little buttercup!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome looking cake! I hate it when the kids don't like it. I made sugar cookies for my kids and picked SWEET cookie cutters for the cookies, no one really even like them. Eh, what do you do?

Lil Gma said...

Looks like you had a great party. I love it when my cakes turn out.