Monday, May 19, 2008

This one's for Lucas... the yard.

Here's how the lawn is looking. Like I said... sporadic patches of grass. It's getting better but I know we need to lay down more seed and if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna lay it down thick. No matter how much we use it will still cost less than sod.





Here's our lovely tree in the front yard. I can't even remember what kind it is but it's pretty.




WAYNE WAS RIGHT!!! Those trees weren't dead.... at least one of them for now. For those of you who don't know, we bought three aspen trees last fall when they were all on clearance. They looked very healthy at the time and so we left them in their containers and watered them daily... or at least when we remembered. Well, we never got around to planting them because I was indecisive and didn't know where I wanted them. They basically sat in front of the garage and we kept forgetting more and more to water them. When winter hit we eventually thought that they were goners. Well, the nice man named Wayne that came to level out our yard a few weeks ago told Lucas that the trees weren't dead and that we just needed to plant them. So we took them in the back yard and loaded them up with healthy soil and have been watering them on a regular basis to try and bring them back to life. Well what do you know... I looked outside this morning and one of the trees came back to life. The other two still don't look great but they only cost us $10 a piece so I won't cry myself to sleep if we only rescue one.

No comments: