Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Week in Review

Tooth #3 came out this week. As you can see here, she was playing around with it trying to get it to come out and she completely twisted it all around. Then she said it hurt too bad to turn it back so she was left like this for a day.



Early the next morning though she had played around with it a bit more and out it came. She was so excited for the tooth fairy to come. She decided to leave her tooth on the counter so it would be easier for the fairy..... and it was. She left her some sugar free gum, 2 dollar bills and 8 quarters.... the tooth fairy must have been on hard times that day. It didn't matter though... Kennedy was thrilled. Now we've got one more on the bottom that's about to come out too. She can't wait.



One thing I've done for Kennedy to keep her from being so bored this summer is buy her a pedicure and nail kit for little princesses. Then I let her pick out some of the $0.99 nail polishes for kids that dry quick, and then I picked out a black one for Rowan as you can see below. It took a bit of trickery to control him long enough to get it on but I think he looks rockin! Kennedy just wanted pink with some star stickers on top. I'm also trying to use this to make her quit bitting her nails. One can hope...





Rowan really likes those Gerber pasta bites but they cost like $1.50 for 1 so I am finding other ways to feed him. Bertolli started making mini pastas like the bowties and the penne so I loaded up on those and we'll start figuring out some healthy pasta recipes for him. I really don't have to worry too much because this boy will eat whatever you stick in his mouth... just like his dad.



Besides that, Kennedy got to have her first sleepover this week. Wednesday night we invited her friend McKayla over for the night. We ordered pizza, had juice and popsicles and watched movies. I was expecting the worst from how Kennedy is when she sleeps over with Taryn and Tristen but she did really good... good enough that we will do it again soon.

We also (finally) found a regular babysitter. Her name is Riley and she is 14 years old but she has 5 younger siblings so I trusted her with the job. I brought her over yesterday and showed her around the house and let her know what she needed to do for the kids and then I went and ran some needed errands. When I got home everything was great. She is a very sweet girl and I'm glad that I can use her 2 or 3 days a week for a few hours to get out and get things done and maybe have a bit of time for myself.

Now that the sprinklers are fixed this has been a pretty good week after all. Rowans birthday is tomorrow so I am going to make him some cupcakes and we will have a little party and I will give him my gift. When Dad get's home he can do his special time with him and then we will still be coming down to do the family party on the 12th. We'll figure out how to handle that soon. Check back tomorrow for the birthday post!

No comments: